Final Fantasy :: Requiem Of Shadows
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Final Fantasy :: Requiem Of Shadows

Music is but a thought--a voice that cannot speak, yet refuses to remain silent. This is Final Fantasy. Can you hear it? It comes from the Shadows--A Requiem.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
From The Admin:
Hey Guys! Be sure to fill out your Character Information Sheet in your User Profile section. Simply click the "PROFILE" tab at the top of the screen and then go over to CHARACTER INFORMATION on the right. The rest is self-explanatory. -Light
Latest topics
» Calling it.
A simple question; Points? EmptyNovember 13th 2012, 3:07 pm by Kuja

» If a picture speaks a thousand words...
A simple question; Points? EmptyNovember 7th 2011, 8:14 pm by Rinoa Heartilly

» Elisud Ruinra
A simple question; Points? EmptyOctober 24th 2011, 3:56 am by Kuja

» Dragoncatcher Racket
A simple question; Points? EmptyOctober 23rd 2011, 4:42 pm by Kuja

» Mairi's Enchantments
A simple question; Points? EmptyOctober 22nd 2011, 6:55 am by Kuja

» Mairi-Chan
A simple question; Points? EmptyOctober 22nd 2011, 6:47 am by Kuja

» Elisud Fira
A simple question; Points? EmptyOctober 22nd 2011, 6:45 am by Kuja

» The FFRequiem Marketplace Beta is Now Open!
A simple question; Points? EmptyOctober 19th 2011, 9:37 pm by Tidus

» Elisud Cura
A simple question; Points? EmptyOctober 19th 2011, 6:18 pm by Yuna

» Estelle~
A simple question; Points? EmptyOctober 16th 2011, 12:58 am by Rinoa Heartilly

Top posting users this month
No user
Affiliates
To add your website as an affiliate of FFRequiem, please contact the Administration.

A simple question; Points?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Synn

Character Information
Gil: 500
Home World: Paramecia
Maximum AP:

A simple question; Points? Empty
PostSubject: A simple question; Points?   A simple question; Points? EmptyOctober 12th 2010, 11:06 am

My question is very simple - How does point gaining work?

When I got my character approved, my points jumped from ~20 to ~ 100

Then, when I made my first RP post I got ~ 5 points.

I naturally assumed that making posts outside RP domains (except in character building) doesn't give you points [such as the suggestions or questionaire sections] and making each RP post gives 5 points (or a post that is related to making a spell or summon or armor/weapon or something also gives 5 points).

But when I made another RP post, I only got 1 point for it. >>; Not that I care about actual point gain. All 'power' will come in time anyway, I was just curious if there was a fixed set of point gains.

E.g. - posts in your world give more points than posts in other worlds or something. Or starting a thread gives 5 points but replying to a thread only gives 1 point.

So, if anyone can clarify how point gains actually work, it would be greatly appreciated.
Back to top Go down
Yuna

Yuna

Character Information
Home World: Spira
Maximum AP: 1000

PostSubject: Re: A simple question; Points?   A simple question; Points? EmptyOctober 12th 2010, 2:17 pm

From what I understand, those who make the transition from the other site automatically get a boost to 100 points as a gift for going through the headache of transitioning.

The point system actually makes "Gift Points" very easy to manage, so that we don't have to carry post count carryovers in our sig lines anymore. They're added to our points by the Administration and we can simply move forward from there. It also enables "Points" to be given as rewards for Events or such, if we decide to do that. If not, it's still good.

Other than that, you get a large portion for starting a thread, and one point for all subsequent posts in that thread. The amount of the initial portion varies depending on where the post is. I'm not real sure of the exact numbers.

What I do know for certain is that the areas that are most prone to "spam" do not give points. So we can be as chatty as we want in those areas without characters becoming unfairly unbalanced in power.

Does that help?
Back to top Go down
Rinoa Heartilly

Rinoa Heartilly

Character Information
Home World: Balamb
Maximum AP: 2500

PostSubject: Re: A simple question; Points?   A simple question; Points? EmptyOctober 12th 2010, 7:36 pm

Okay, I went into the point systems so here's the detailed run down

Yes, 100 point bonus to those who had to deal with the inconvenience to move sites.

If one wishes their posts count carried over, they have only to ask Kuja and he will adjust that carry over count into your points as well.

Points are not earned in the sections above Creations.

Mains created are 15 points

Party members are 10 points

All other creations are 5 points

There are no points given at all after a creation thread is started. Mod questions and member replies are 0 points.

All other threads are 3 points to start an RP, and 1 point for every reply thereafter

0 points in any and all chat sections

Hope this helps.
Back to top Go down
Synn

Character Information
Home World: Paramecia
Maximum AP:

PostSubject: Re: A simple question; Points?   A simple question; Points? EmptyOctober 13th 2010, 1:04 pm

Okay, both of these have been really helpful ^-^

So now if anyone else is curious and needs to know they can come check it out here~

Feel free to lock this thread xP
Back to top Go down
Rinoa Heartilly

Rinoa Heartilly

Character Information
Home World: Balamb
Maximum AP: 2500

PostSubject: Re: A simple question; Points?   A simple question; Points? EmptyOctober 13th 2010, 4:50 pm

I'm also going to TRY and move this to the character creation section where it can be more easily found when needed ^^ Pray I don't accidentally delete something O.o

Okay, I KNOW this needs STICKIED, but I don't have the option to do it on my panel. So I have to wait for Kuja ><

*sniffles*

just be patient.....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A simple question; Points?   A simple question; Points? Empty

Back to top Go down

A simple question; Points?
Page 1 of 1