Final Fantasy :: Requiem Of Shadows
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Final Fantasy :: Requiem Of Shadows

Music is but a thought--a voice that cannot speak, yet refuses to remain silent. This is Final Fantasy. Can you hear it? It comes from the Shadows--A Requiem.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
From The Admin:
Hey Guys! Be sure to fill out your Character Information Sheet in your User Profile section. Simply click the "PROFILE" tab at the top of the screen and then go over to CHARACTER INFORMATION on the right. The rest is self-explanatory. -Light
Latest topics
» Calling it.
Gravitational Affinity EmptyNovember 13th 2012, 3:07 pm by Kuja

» If a picture speaks a thousand words...
Gravitational Affinity EmptyNovember 7th 2011, 8:14 pm by Rinoa Heartilly

» Elisud Ruinra
Gravitational Affinity EmptyOctober 24th 2011, 3:56 am by Kuja

» Dragoncatcher Racket
Gravitational Affinity EmptyOctober 23rd 2011, 4:42 pm by Kuja

» Mairi's Enchantments
Gravitational Affinity EmptyOctober 22nd 2011, 6:55 am by Kuja

» Mairi-Chan
Gravitational Affinity EmptyOctober 22nd 2011, 6:47 am by Kuja

» Elisud Fira
Gravitational Affinity EmptyOctober 22nd 2011, 6:45 am by Kuja

» The FFRequiem Marketplace Beta is Now Open!
Gravitational Affinity EmptyOctober 19th 2011, 9:37 pm by Tidus

» Elisud Cura
Gravitational Affinity EmptyOctober 19th 2011, 6:18 pm by Yuna

» Estelle~
Gravitational Affinity EmptyOctober 16th 2011, 12:58 am by Rinoa Heartilly

Top posting users this month
No user
Affiliates
To add your website as an affiliate of FFRequiem, please contact the Administration.

Gravitational Affinity

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Nobody

Gravitational Affinity Empty
PostSubject: Gravitational Affinity   Gravitational Affinity EmptyMarch 7th 2011, 7:58 pm

Name: Gravitational Affinity

AP Cost: None (But causes some spell costs to increase when implemented)

Effect: I have been given this natural gift towards making gravity turn on enemies and aide myself. However I have discovered a new trick. I can greatly increase the cost of any gravity-related spell I make use of to increase its power. To do this it is a triple for double deal. I triple the cost I double the power... no less. I can continue to triple the total cost to double the total power. Up to twice. This does not increase the tier... but acts like X number of the same spell were cast at once and just adds the damage into one big number or attempt. Note that this means I can only make the spell twice or quadruple as powerful as normal, and that is IF my MP is in enough supply. This can only apply to a spell that involves gravity that I cast. This doesn't only apply to a spell called Gravity. This applies to anything that causes a gravitational push or pull at all to cause damage.

Last edited by Nobody on March 9th 2011, 5:46 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Rinoa Heartilly

Rinoa Heartilly

Character Information
Gil: 500
Home World: Balamb
Maximum AP: 2500

PostSubject: Re: Gravitational Affinity   Gravitational Affinity EmptyMarch 7th 2011, 8:51 pm

Okay, I have to say no.

You have a gravity spell that slows someone by 50% and this allows you to cast and recast as much as you want in a single post so long as you AP to pay for it.

Then you have gravity induced Haste spell that you could do the same with. And those two spells are stated in such way in their NORMAL described effects without the double for double deal you want in this enchantment.....Thus making you uncatchable and your target virtually unmoving all in one post so long as you have the AP to pay for it

Back to top Go down
Nobody

PostSubject: Re: Gravitational Affinity   Gravitational Affinity EmptyMarch 7th 2011, 9:03 pm

Well if you think about it, a haste spell costs something like 30 MP? My Gravity haste spell (Lift) is that much. So it would cost 60 MP to make me twice as fast as I would be unaugmented. 120 to make me 3x as fast, 240 to make me 5x as fast (this is as equal to or beyond a tier 4 spell at this point in terms of cost), and at a whopping 480 MP would make me 9x as fast. Given that is REALLY fast and by the time I'd have enough to do that, I'd have little use for that.

However please note that a slow spell after being doubled is... stop, which I cannot really have at this point. (50% slower to 100% slower) However, it would cost about the same to double the slow spell to cast stop. (60 MP)

----
Now this is entirely theoretical, as I said power, not effect. Power means damage. Effect means any status done. At least how I would play it. So any spell that is ONLY an effect is not eligible to have a boost. Only attacks. Nothing with range is effected, nor duration, nor power of the effect.
Back to top Go down
Lightning
SITE OWNER
SITE OWNER
Lightning

Character Information
Home World: Ivalice
Maximum AP: 3000

PostSubject: Re: Gravitational Affinity   Gravitational Affinity EmptyMarch 7th 2011, 10:09 pm

Very Happy Confucius says, "3 times the cost, or this post is lost."
Back to top Go down
Nobody

PostSubject: Re: Gravitational Affinity   Gravitational Affinity EmptyMarch 7th 2011, 10:15 pm

Oh my, now I have to do ratio math here.

Done and Done though.

3 for 2

9 for 4

27 for 8

81 for 16

Oh my oh my oh my.
Back to top Go down
Rinoa Heartilly

Rinoa Heartilly

Character Information
Home World: Balamb
Maximum AP: 2500

PostSubject: Re: Gravitational Affinity   Gravitational Affinity EmptyMarch 8th 2011, 12:08 am

Um, Lightning? Would you mind taking over this cuz I am COMPLETELY lost! O.o
Back to top Go down
Lightning
SITE OWNER
SITE OWNER
Lightning

Character Information

PostSubject: Re: Gravitational Affinity   Gravitational Affinity EmptyMarch 9th 2011, 9:32 am

How about we keep it reasonable with a little something I'm trying to teach you called a "limit." I will allow this to a certain extent, as in--3X the Cost for twice the effect, then 9 times the cost for quadruple the effect---and thats as far as it goes.

All spell costs, if not a multiple of 5 is ALWAYS rounded UP to the nearest 5 or 0.

For example. 51 = 55
Back to top Go down
Nobody

PostSubject: Re: Gravitational Affinity   Gravitational Affinity EmptyMarch 9th 2011, 5:44 pm

Realize that the rules state that the spell must always cost a multiple of 10 AP/MP.

Anyhow fixed.
Back to top Go down
Lightning
SITE OWNER
SITE OWNER
Lightning

Character Information

PostSubject: Re: Gravitational Affinity   Gravitational Affinity EmptyMarch 10th 2011, 10:49 am

Yeah, I forgot that was changed recently, it's 10 then. But you get the idea, even if it's 51, you round up to 60.

Anyhow, one more thing--I don't like the idea of augmenting status effects. You can boost the damage power of spells, but I don't want you boosting the effectiveness of a status effect. So you can cause bigger explosions or whatever it is you do, but that whole 3X as fast haste spell would be a no. If you agree to that, then you are Approved.
Back to top Go down
Nobody

PostSubject: Re: Gravitational Affinity   Gravitational Affinity EmptyMarch 10th 2011, 9:02 pm

Totally, I wasn't planning on using it for super haste spells anyways! I could waste a perfectly good spell slot for that. (xD)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gravitational Affinity   Gravitational Affinity Empty

Back to top Go down

Gravitational Affinity
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Final Fantasy :: Requiem Of Shadows :: Creation & Customizational Options :: :Transformations & Enchantments:-
Jump to: