Final Fantasy :: Requiem Of Shadows
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Final Fantasy :: Requiem Of Shadows

Music is but a thought--a voice that cannot speak, yet refuses to remain silent. This is Final Fantasy. Can you hear it? It comes from the Shadows--A Requiem.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
From The Admin:
Hey Guys! Be sure to fill out your Character Information Sheet in your User Profile section. Simply click the "PROFILE" tab at the top of the screen and then go over to CHARACTER INFORMATION on the right. The rest is self-explanatory. -Light
Latest topics
» Calling it.
A semi-on-topic thing about summons... EmptyNovember 13th 2012, 3:07 pm by Kuja

» If a picture speaks a thousand words...
A semi-on-topic thing about summons... EmptyNovember 7th 2011, 8:14 pm by Rinoa Heartilly

» Elisud Ruinra
A semi-on-topic thing about summons... EmptyOctober 24th 2011, 3:56 am by Kuja

» Dragoncatcher Racket
A semi-on-topic thing about summons... EmptyOctober 23rd 2011, 4:42 pm by Kuja

» Mairi's Enchantments
A semi-on-topic thing about summons... EmptyOctober 22nd 2011, 6:55 am by Kuja

» Mairi-Chan
A semi-on-topic thing about summons... EmptyOctober 22nd 2011, 6:47 am by Kuja

» Elisud Fira
A semi-on-topic thing about summons... EmptyOctober 22nd 2011, 6:45 am by Kuja

» The FFRequiem Marketplace Beta is Now Open!
A semi-on-topic thing about summons... EmptyOctober 19th 2011, 9:37 pm by Tidus

» Elisud Cura
A semi-on-topic thing about summons... EmptyOctober 19th 2011, 6:18 pm by Yuna

» Estelle~
A semi-on-topic thing about summons... EmptyOctober 16th 2011, 12:58 am by Rinoa Heartilly

Top posting users this month
No user
Affiliates
To add your website as an affiliate of FFRequiem, please contact the Administration.

A semi-on-topic thing about summons...

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
High Summoner Yevon

A semi-on-topic thing about summons... Empty
PostSubject: A semi-on-topic thing about summons...   A semi-on-topic thing about summons... EmptyDecember 2nd 2008, 10:33 pm

It has been brought to my attention that the MP Scheme I was using for my summons means that they're not NEARLY as powerful as they should be...

Now, for the costs of my summons, I've looked at a fellow Spiran Summoner: Yuna.

The way her summons looked to progress, the scale would have been as such. Keep in mind that I account for the relative power of the summons, and the scale assumes that Bahamut is the strongest of the Aeons. This also takes into account the newly-created Yojimbo. (This newest revision also means a revamp of Bahamut Fury's MP anyway.)

Valefor: 30 MP
Ifrit: 50 MP
Ixion: 70 MP
Shiva: 90 MP
Anima: 110 MP
Magus Sisters: 130 MP
Yojimbo: 130 MP (This cost assumes that Yojimbo is summoned by a summoner with 130 MP, and uses Zanmato first turn)
Bahamut: 150 MP

Now, for their normal incarnations, I don't think anyone would argue this.

Now, for Yevon, I've been planning Paralells of each Aeon, so that the Canon Aeons stay free

Valefor - Evrae (The Guardian Wyrm of Bevelle)
Ifrit - Iblis/Balasa (A Fire Elemental Sartyr, bearing a helm resebling Ifrit)
Ixion - Ramuh/Raiden (Ramuh and Raiden ar eboth famous Thunder Mages)
Shiva - Shivar (The Masculine counterpart of SHiva, described as her lover)
Anima - (No Paralell as of yet...)
Magus Sisters - (No Paralell as of yet. ...Considering a Trio of Sylph)
Yojimbo - (Gilgamesh/Odin) (Famous Warriors)
Bahamut - Bahamut Fury (Obvious)

Now, as for costs, I was assuming them to be double what the Aeons would be...

But, since I plan to make Sin as a summon, this would throw off the entire balance.

So, these are the costs I'm thinking of...

Evrae: 120 MP
Iblis: 200 MP
Ramuh/Raiden: 280 MP
Shivar: 360 MP
Anima's Paralell: 440 MP
Sylph: 520 MP
Gilgamesh/Odin: 520 MP
Bahamut Fury: 600 MP
Sin: 1000 MP.

...Input, please. Is this fair? Overpowered? UNDERPOWERED?

(Again, this assumes there is a direct coorelation of MP to Power)
Back to top Go down
Genesis

Genesis

PostSubject: Re: A semi-on-topic thing about summons...   A semi-on-topic thing about summons... EmptyDecember 2nd 2008, 10:37 pm

I think it sounds fair, but I'm not a mod/admin, so I'm not sure my opinion counts...
Back to top Go down
High Summoner Yevon

PostSubject: Re: A semi-on-topic thing about summons...   A semi-on-topic thing about summons... EmptyDecember 2nd 2008, 10:39 pm

At this point, any consructive criticism would help.

...Since Bahamut Fury was based upon a summon of the same name in Crisis Core, does 600 MP sound fair?

...I mean, you're from that game, after all...
Back to top Go down
Genesis

Genesis

PostSubject: Re: A semi-on-topic thing about summons...   A semi-on-topic thing about summons... EmptyDecember 2nd 2008, 10:41 pm

lol. You may want to bump it up to 650 or 700, considering in the game, he was pretty hard-core...
Back to top Go down
High Summoner Yevon

PostSubject: Re: A semi-on-topic thing about summons...   A semi-on-topic thing about summons... EmptyDecember 2nd 2008, 10:49 pm

Well, Assuming that Bahamut is 150 MP...

And Exa is five levels aboce Mega...

750 MP seems about right.
Back to top Go down
Kuja

Kuja

Character Information
Gil: 500
Home World: Gaia
Maximum AP: 2000

PostSubject: Re: A semi-on-topic thing about summons...   A semi-on-topic thing about summons... EmptyDecember 2nd 2008, 11:00 pm

Honestly no matter what amount of Mp you put you will just use that Summoner ability called Chant so why you even care about the MP usage? I personally don't care if it is or isn't as it is really up to the main admin to decide.
Back to top Go down
High Summoner Yevon

PostSubject: Re: A semi-on-topic thing about summons...   A semi-on-topic thing about summons... EmptyDecember 2nd 2008, 11:07 pm

Well, Chant or no, MP is a direct measure of power.

The more MP it takes, the more power the spell/summon has.

For something as strong as Bahamut Fury, the MP cost would be HIGH.

And, for something on the Sin level? Quad-digits, definitley.
Back to top Go down
Lightning
SITE OWNER
SITE OWNER
Lightning

Character Information
Gil: 500
Home World: Ivalice
Maximum AP: 3000

PostSubject: Re: A semi-on-topic thing about summons...   A semi-on-topic thing about summons... EmptyDecember 3rd 2008, 12:56 am

I don't care what it has to do with the summoning in game. You follow the template, and we'll look it over. WHAT MATTERS, is how powerful you DESCRIBE the summon to be, that in turn, will decide on the fairness of the MP.
Back to top Go down
High Summoner Yevon

PostSubject: Re: A semi-on-topic thing about summons...   A semi-on-topic thing about summons... EmptyDecember 3rd 2008, 1:07 am

...Well, then.

...I was trying to establish some kind of framework as to power...

BUT, I guess I can wing it.
Back to top Go down
BlackWindKaze

BlackWindKaze

PostSubject: Re: A semi-on-topic thing about summons...   A semi-on-topic thing about summons... EmptyDecember 3rd 2008, 1:26 pm

I have two things to say to you:

First, don't use Raiden or Odin, THEY ARE MINE!!! Nah, that was just a joke, just don't use Gilgamesh. I mean, he is a canon character after all, he have appeared on several games and is said that is always the same one, and that he uses the Void as a way to transport himself. So maybe someone will try to use Gilgamesh and will be ruined because he is a summon.

Second thing:

This is just my opinion, but I think that you should be a bit more fair with your summons. I mean, is good to use the chasm abillity but I think that you should wait until you gain that MP to use the creatures. Like me! I would create my 1000 MP gun dragon right now if I wanted to, but I will have to wait until the time comes...
Back to top Go down
High Summoner Yevon

PostSubject: Re: A semi-on-topic thing about summons...   A semi-on-topic thing about summons... EmptyDecember 3rd 2008, 2:01 pm

Well, on that side of it, I get the whole fairness thing.

But, in the end, it comes down to power. And if they decide the MP would be beyond me, I won't hesitate to use Chant.

And, Ya, Raiden is out. Ramuh it is...

But, since you ARE a canon, I guess you should get Odin. But, what other famous summoned warriors exist in Final Fantasy?
Back to top Go down
BlackWindKaze

BlackWindKaze

PostSubject: Re: A semi-on-topic thing about summons...   A semi-on-topic thing about summons... EmptyDecember 3rd 2008, 3:05 pm

Knights of the round taken... Odin taken... Gilgamesh can't because he is canon...

Maybe Shemzai, from FF XII?

Or Dark Yojimbo? (Pain in the ass)

Or maybe another version of a warrior-type creature that you liked?

But, create a summon near your ussual post count next time...
Back to top Go down
High Summoner Yevon

PostSubject: Re: A semi-on-topic thing about summons...   A semi-on-topic thing about summons... EmptyDecember 5th 2008, 10:04 am

I know. I just wanted to jump on Bahamut before someone else got him.

Yojimbo is taken.

Shemhazai can't be used. She's a one-off being from another world. No way she's an Aeon.

...Hmm... VERY interesting...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A semi-on-topic thing about summons...   A semi-on-topic thing about summons... Empty

Back to top Go down

A semi-on-topic thing about summons...
Page 1 of 1