Final Fantasy :: Requiem Of Shadows
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Final Fantasy :: Requiem Of Shadows

Music is but a thought--a voice that cannot speak, yet refuses to remain silent. This is Final Fantasy. Can you hear it? It comes from the Shadows--A Requiem.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
From The Admin:
Hey Guys! Be sure to fill out your Character Information Sheet in your User Profile section. Simply click the "PROFILE" tab at the top of the screen and then go over to CHARACTER INFORMATION on the right. The rest is self-explanatory. -Light
Latest topics
» Calling it.
Elisud Ruinra EmptyNovember 13th 2012, 3:07 pm by Kuja

» If a picture speaks a thousand words...
Elisud Ruinra EmptyNovember 7th 2011, 8:14 pm by Rinoa Heartilly

» Elisud Ruinra
Elisud Ruinra EmptyOctober 24th 2011, 3:56 am by Kuja

» Dragoncatcher Racket
Elisud Ruinra EmptyOctober 23rd 2011, 4:42 pm by Kuja

» Mairi's Enchantments
Elisud Ruinra EmptyOctober 22nd 2011, 6:55 am by Kuja

» Mairi-Chan
Elisud Ruinra EmptyOctober 22nd 2011, 6:47 am by Kuja

» Elisud Fira
Elisud Ruinra EmptyOctober 22nd 2011, 6:45 am by Kuja

» The FFRequiem Marketplace Beta is Now Open!
Elisud Ruinra EmptyOctober 19th 2011, 9:37 pm by Tidus

» Elisud Cura
Elisud Ruinra EmptyOctober 19th 2011, 6:18 pm by Yuna

» Estelle~
Elisud Ruinra EmptyOctober 16th 2011, 12:58 am by Rinoa Heartilly

Top posting users this month
No user
Affiliates
To add your website as an affiliate of FFRequiem, please contact the Administration.

Elisud Ruinra

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Synn

Character Information
Gil: 500
Home World: Paramecia
Maximum AP:

Elisud Ruinra Empty
PostSubject: Elisud Ruinra   Elisud Ruinra EmptyOctober 22nd 2011, 2:15 pm

Name: Ruinra
Description: Ruinra is a spell that is a much denser, more powerful incarnation of its basic predecessor. The spell usually appears to be several orbs of concentrated magical energy that explode on contact with their targets. The number of spheres created by one casting of this spell is dependent on the number of hostile targets within range at the time the spell is cast. The spell is considered most useful against groups of highly evasive opponents because of its ability to home in on the magical signature of its targets.
AP/MP Cost: 50 MP
Class: Offensive
Element: Non-Elemental
Range: Long
Effect: Tier 2 non-element magical damage + Tracking/Homing + Multi-Target
Duration: 1 post
Back to top Go down
Kuja

Kuja

Character Information
Home World: Gaia
Maximum AP: 2000

Elisud Ruinra Empty
PostSubject: Re: Elisud Ruinra   Elisud Ruinra EmptyOctober 22nd 2011, 6:50 pm

Okay ya need to tweak the multi-target bit. You can't have this thing make enough orbs to hit everyone that is hostile to you in the topic. Since it wouldn't be fair of the guy in front of you getting targeted is going to get the girl a 100 yards away behind you shot at too.

You need to have it make how ever many sphere is needed to hit all targets in a certain distance of either yourself or at the place you targeted. Also if your tracking and you only got a single post duration, your spell won't have much time to be chasing a person before it putters out.
Back to top Go down
Synn

Character Information
Maximum AP:

Elisud Ruinra Empty
PostSubject: Re: Elisud Ruinra   Elisud Ruinra EmptyOctober 22nd 2011, 7:20 pm

In the description the issue of 'range' is said as -

"The number of spheres created by one casting of this spell is dependent on the number of hostile targets within range at the time the spell is cast."

The range of the spell itself is just "Long" because that was how it's made in the spell builder. Ranges are "Long", "Short", "Self" and "Not Applicable" in the spell creation template, so that's what I used.

I don't know what constitutes 'long' versus 'short' range for a spell. I don't expect to hit a 'hostile target' in the same topic that is on a different island. Whatever the template considers 'long range' is what I consider long range. If that limit is 100 m, 100 ft, 10 Acres, 1 nautical mile or X distance units away then that is what it is. >>;

The spell is only supposed to target hostile targets within the range at which any spell can feasibly travel. Same with Fira, same with Ruin, same with Holy, same with Fire and even Cure. You can't expect someone to use cure on someone else who is over on another island somewhere despite being in the same topic as the caster.

I'm not going to be unrealistic with using this, does that help with the range-thing? Cause I'm not sure how else to put it. I mean if all ranges were set in the template as, for example-

Self = Self-Range only
Short = 10 m radius around the user
Long = 50 m radius around the user

Then all spells would have their ranges, but if you're asking some people to put a 'hard cap' on some spells and you're having other people not put any cap on other spells then it doesn't really help with what is 'long' versus 'short' dynamic. At least that's just what I think >>;

---

As for the homing effect, this spell isn't supposed to wind its way toward it's target and force the target to keep jumping through hoops for 5-7 posts dodging it. Ruin was described as having 'limited homing capacity'. The spell can swerve toward the target if they try to dodge prematurely but if the sphere misses its target despite the swerve it's not going to come back around and try to hit them a second time. It just keeps going and explodes behind them somewhere where it does no harm to anyone.

And just to cover my bases, this does not mean if someone is standing behind them that the person behind them (friend or foe) is going to be hit by the spell intended for them. I specifically said "where it does no harm to anyone" if the spell is somehow still avoided.
Back to top Go down
Kuja

Kuja

Character Information

Elisud Ruinra Empty
PostSubject: Re: Elisud Ruinra   Elisud Ruinra EmptyOctober 23rd 2011, 4:49 pm

range and AoE are two different things Synn

Range is how far away you can cast the spell or let it fly, AoE is the amount of area effected by the spell when it gets to where ever it is going.

I throw an ultima at long range it will fly for a fair distance as do all long range attacks, but once it finally hits something its AoE comes into effect. AoE for the high level Ultima would be quite a few feet in every direction from point of impact.....so about 50 or so feet in every direction from point of impact.

This also apply to spells that explode outward from the caster, so give me and AoE.
Back to top Go down
Synn

Character Information
Maximum AP:

Elisud Ruinra Empty
PostSubject: Re: Elisud Ruinra   Elisud Ruinra EmptyOctober 23rd 2011, 11:44 pm

This spell doesn't have an Area of Effect like that.

This spell produces multiple missile-like spherical projectiles that all fly toward different targets. Each projectile, when it impacts its designated target 'explodes' theatrically but no one around the target is injured by the attack, only the target is injured.

You asked the same question with Ruin when I said the effect. But that's just a theatrical effect of the Ruin spell.

Edit -

Kuja wrote:
Okay I'll approve but don't forget, even if two or three people were caught in the blast. Only one would get harmed by it since you didn't pay for multi-target damage, just making sure you clear on that.

It's the same deal here -

The multi-target effect is not the 'explosion' it's the fact that the spell itself is producing multiple projectiles.

Edit 2 -

Description: Ruinra is a spell that is a much denser, more powerful incarnation of its basic predecessor. The spell usually appears to be several orbs of concentrated magical energy that explode on contact with their targets. The number of spheres created by one casting of this spell is dependent on the number of hostile targets within range at the time the spell is cast.
Back to top Go down
Kuja

Kuja

Character Information

Elisud Ruinra Empty
PostSubject: Re: Elisud Ruinra   Elisud Ruinra EmptyOctober 24th 2011, 3:56 am

*walks out and lets someone else deal with this* Not in the mood to deal with back talk all the time.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Elisud Ruinra Empty
PostSubject: Re: Elisud Ruinra   Elisud Ruinra Empty

Back to top Go down

Elisud Ruinra
Page 1 of 1